Field Service Supervisor
Summary: Supervise the scheduling, evaluation, training, and personnel administration of (processing) service technicians in the service department. Provide technical support to both technicians and customers for all installation, training, and repair at customer facilities and in-house.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee installations of all UltraSource (processing/packaging) equipment from scheduling to installation at customer’s facility.
- Coordinate problem resolution, training, and debriefing sessions with engineering, manufacturing, quality, and others.
- Provide technical support, supervise and schedule independent service representatives to perform UltraSource repair and installation at remote customer sites.
- Facilitate and safe and functional shop and demonstration room working environment. Establish and execute routine weekly cleaning and maintenance procedures. Routinely audit the machine checkout and rebuild lists.
- Review Service trip and expense reports for accuracy, documentation, and cost containment. Ensure technicians are updating CRM for customer issues. Update CRM on all calls were detail technical information was needed for operation or repair. Track service calls for packaging and labeler equipment noting quantity, reason, follow-up, and issue resolution.
- Audit system tracking and scheduling service jobs; provide quotes to customers for service work. Manage budgeting guidelines to adjust per market trends in costs.
- Responsible for manpower scheduling/workloads for telephone support, packaging, labeling and processing installation, training and repair for field work.
- Develop, implement, and document a (processing/packaging) training program to improve customer retention and reduce issues around customer packaging equipment.
- Log all training, installing and supplier quality issues for data analytics, reporting monthly, quarterly and annual totals.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate records of performance reports, expenses, billable hours, and trip reports within CRM in accordance with KPI’s.
- Train on all safety and security procedures. Verify that all service technicians use equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Vocational or technical school certificate focusing on equipment service (mechanical and electrical coursework)
- Five years of service technician experience (not limited to PLC relay logic, industrial control systems, and 3 phase electricity).
- Bachelor’s Degree; mechanical or electrical engineering
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Comfortable traveling as necessary to support service technicians in the field, if needed.
- Knowledge of Syteline MRP system software a plus.
- CRM database knowledge preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to feel and manipulate, and requires the ability to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Due to the travel functions of this position, you are also subject to extreme temperature changes such as those found in warehouses, meat lockers, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* May required travel and overtime
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.tempworks.com.