If you’re looking to hire extra workers for the upcoming holiday season, you may be wondering whether it makes sense to work with a local temp staffing agency. While agencies charge recruiting fees, they also save employers a lot of hassle — and as the saying goes, time is money. Many employers find that they come out financially ahead when they go through a temp agency rather than spending the time and effort to hire seasonal candidates on their own.
Read on to find out how temp agencies can help organizations find quality seasonal talent with minimal time waste and risk.
How Do Temp Staffing Agencies Work?
Temp agencies help you find, hire, and manage temporary and temp-to-hire staff. They recruit from a wide pool of qualified job candidates in their database, conduct interviews and background checks, and hire the best candidates as employees of the agency. In short, clients like your company can enjoy the addition of a new temp employee while the agency handles the hiring process and paperwork.
One of the nice things about working with a temp staffing agency is that they manage the employee’s paycheck and benefits for you. That saves you a lot of time and effort when you’re likely already busy managing increased business demands.
5 Benefits of Using a Utah Temp Agency
- Fast Hiring. Temp agencies save you time by finding candidates for you, checking their qualifications, performing background checks, and even completing the interviewing process if you wish. They also take care of much of the employment paperwork so there are fewer tasks sitting on your desk.
- Reduced Risk. Some temp agencies lower the risk of getting stuck with a bad worker by charging a daily rate for the first few weeks of a new hire’s employment. For example, LG only charges clients for the days an employee worked if they are terminated for any reason within the first 30 days.
- Flexibility. When you work with a temp agency, you can adjust your workforce as needed to accommodate evolving demand. During light seasons, you have no obligation to keep paying for staffing you don’t need. During busy seasons, you can hire more employees with minimal effort.
- Financial Savings. A common misconception is that staffing agencies are too expensive to be worth it. In reality, agency staff members often complete the same work as a temporary in-house employee at a lower cost. The temp agency has the ability to hire more efficiently so you don’t have to spend as much time or money on the process.
- Less Hassle. Staffing agencies can take care of most of the extra hiring- and payroll-related work that comes with bringing in new employees. That means your in-house managers don’t have to deal with all that on top of their regular tasks.
How Do I Start Working With a Temp Agency?
Before you begin working with a temp agency, you will first need to find the right company. Ideally, you should choose a reputable, local temp agency that specializes in your industry. A specialized agency based in your area is more likely to be familiar with the kind of candidate you need and have a strong pool of talent available to work in your location.
From there, you will need to define your staffing needs and communicate them to the temp agency. The agency should understand the basic responsibilities and skills required for the job, as well as policies such as your dress code and hours. You should also confirm that your temporary staff will be official employees of the temp agency rather than independent contractors for tax purposes.
Work With a Highly Rated Temp Agency
LG Resources maintains a 96% client retention rate by using a comprehensive screening process to provide high-caliber candidates. We serve employers throughout Salt Lake, Utah, Weber, and Davis counties. Reach out to us today for high-quality temporary and long-term staffing solutions in industrial, clerical, and logistics roles.